Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Saffron Walden County High School
This course uses a combination of assessment styles to help students apply their
knowledge to succeed in the workplace, and develop study skills to continue onto
Higher Education. Students study each unit in depth to acquire a range of
practical and transferrable skills. The range of assessments – both practical and
written – help students showcase their learning and achievements to best effect.
Extended Certificate Units
1. Anatomy and Physiology (external exam)
2. Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being (external exam)
3. Professional Development in the Sports Industry (internal assignments)
4. Practical Sports Performance (internal assignments)
Above units, plus:
5. Sports Leadership (internal assignments)
6. Coaching for Performance (internal assignments)
7. Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
8. Investigating Business in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry (external assignments)
9. Skill Acquisition in Sport (internal assignments)
GCSE 4 in English
Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
Students sit a 1 hour 30 minute exam
Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being
Students are given a scenario, with 6-8 hours to prepare for the final assessment.
(Final assessment): Students are given more information and use this and their
research to produce their final plan.
In all other units, students are assessed by assignments, including research, projects,
investigations, fieldwork, and experiments, and linking theory with practical exercises.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Saffron Walden County High School directly.