Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2 at The Oxford Academy
Level 2 Health and Social Care First Award has been developed to provide an engaging introduction to the Health and Social Care sector. The course gives you the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the Health, Social Care and Early Years sectors. Along with the mandatory units the optional/ specialist units are picked according to student’s preferences for future career pathways.
As part of this Health and Social Care Course, you will be supported by VLUK and the Buckinghamshire Care Team with real life work experience in a range of environments.
This will be for two days per week throughout the course, and will be relevant to the studies, giving you a feel for the industry. You will be paired with mentors in the Health, Social Care and Adult sectors to aid with your studies.
This Level 2 course provides you with the platform to continue onto the BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care course or prepare you for a career within the sector.
With course units including:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective communication in Health and Social Care
- Health living
- Social influences on Health and Well Being
- Promoting Health and Well Being
- The impact on Health and Well Being
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual rights in Health and Social Care
1 A*-G GCSE
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Oxford Academy directly.