Level 2 Diploma in Sport at Henley College Coventry
This course provides an exciting opportunity for anyone who is interested in the theoretical and practical aspects of Sport. An ideal starting point if you wish to pursue a career in the Sporting Industry or progress to further education.
This Course will develop a range of: practical skills and techniques; theoretical knowledge and understanding; personal skills and attributes, that are essential for successful performance in the working life.
The units of study will reflect real-life working scenarios.
- Learn how to administer a variety of fitness tests and provide training plans for clients
- take part in and gain knowledge of numerous outdoor activities and complete expedition skills
- study the importance of the psychological side of sports participation whilst learning how to instruct exercise and fitness activities
- be given the chance to complete a suitable work experience within the Sports Industry.
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
Grading for GCSE English language, English literature and maths is changing from 2017, with other subjects following suit from 2018.
- Oral examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Practical Examination
- Task-based controlled assessment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Henley College Coventry directly.