Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Delivering Physical Education in Schools at Henley College Coventry
An apprenticeship enables you to learn on the job and get paid while studying for a qualification. An Apprentice has employed status, however, if you do not have a job then we will help you find one.
You will study:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understanding child and young person development
- Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Plan a physical education and school sport programme
- Deliver a physical education and school sport programme
- Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Preparing for the mentoring role
- Supporting gifted and talented learners
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Understanding the Employing Organisation
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Functional skills English and Maths -Functional Skills are the practical skills in English, Maths that enable confidence, effectiveness and independence both at work and in everyday life.
Assessments take place in the workplace with a portfolio of evidence of knowledge and competence in performing a range of tasks built up over a period of several months.
You can progress to an Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Development.
Minimum GCSE Grade C in Maths & English or Level 2 Functional skills in Literacy and Numeracy plus a successful interview and possible voluntary placement with a host organisation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Henley College Coventry directly.