Health and Social Care Cambridge Technical at Francis Combe Academy
This course Is best suited to those who are looking to pursue a career in the health, social care or early years sectors.
The qualification will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into higher education on a health and social care related programme such as Health and Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or Early Childhood Studies.
The qualification is made up of 6 units, 4 of which are mandatory:
- Building positive relationships in health and social care - internally assessed
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social core -externally assessed examination
- Health. safety and security in health and social care - externally assessed
- Anatomy and physiology in health and social care - externally assessed
Two final optional units to be confirmed.
General entry requirement for a 2 year programme of 3 A levels, or a combination of A levels and vocational qualifications, is a mostly B/C profile at GCSE including 5 A* - C grades, including grade 4 English.
Whilst not compulsory, it is recommended that you have studied GCSE Health and social care and achieved at least a grade C.
It is compulsory that you have achieved a grade C or above in maths and English GCSE.
You will be assessed through a range of externally assessed examinations and internal assessments marked by your teacher and moderated by the exam board.
It you wish to continue your studies at university:
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Care
- BA (Hons) Adult Social Care
- BA (Hans) Health and Social Care/Social Policy
- BA (Hans) Social Policy
- BA (Hans) Social Work
- BSC (Hans) Nursing
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice
- BA (Hans) Working with Children, Young People and Families
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Sociology
You may wish to progress onto a health and social care related apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Francis Combe Academy directly.