Theatre Studies A Level at Launceston College
Unit titles -
Component 1 – Devising
Component 2 – Text in Performance
Component 3 – Theatre Makers in Practice
Unit descriptions –
Component 1 & 2
• Devise an original performance piece.
• A group performance of one extract from a performance text and informed by the methodology of one influential practitioner.
• A monologue or duologue performance from one extract from a different performance text.
• A portfolio analysing and evaluating the rehearsal and performance process.
• Practical exploration and study of a complete performance text.
• Live theatre evaluation.
5 GCSEs A*-C including English and drama. We would consider individual cases of students who haven’t previously studied GCSE drama a grade 6 in English is preferred.
Possible progression routes – There are many routes available to you if you take AS & A Level theatre studies both as university courses or apprenticeship schemes; acting, law, advertising, broadcasting, therapy, sales, public relations or teaching.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Launceston College directly.