Business Studies at John Mason School
This is a subject which is now a reformed A level which means that the result of the AS exams does not contribute to the overall A level mark and grade. If a student leaves the course after AS then this new type of AS is worth 40% of the UCAS points of the full A level for University entry in 2017 and beyond. If a student completes the two year A level cou rse then it is only assessment at the end of the second year that counts towards the full A level grade.
Course Structure: AS level
The AS course includes the following topics.
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making.
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance.
4. Decision making to improve operational performance.
5. Decision making to improve financial performance.
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance.
Course Structure: A - level content
The A - level incorporates the same six topics as AS, plus the following additional topics:
1. Analysing the strategic position of a business.
2. Choosing strategic direction.
3. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
4. Managing strategic change.
A Level Business is welcomed by universities. It also provides an insight Steps/Progression to the business world for students who wish to progress to courses and apprenticeships in fields such as; business, marketing, accounting, events management and many others.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Mason School directly.