Physical Education A Level at Harlington Upper School
The A Level PE course is aimed at those students who have a strong interest in the theoretical study and practice of sport. Key areas related to sport performance are explored such as applied anatomy and physiology, exercise physiology, biomechanics, skill acquisition, sport psychology, sport and society, and contemporary issues in sport. A proven record of achievement in practical sport and current club, district, county and above representation is a correlative factor of success in this qualification.
GCSE Grade 4 in Science and a Grade 4 English and a GCSE Grade 5 (or equivalent) in a PE related course.
• Learning experiences relate to real-life experiences in PE and Sport
• Commitment to improving performance during private study
• Strong link maintained between physical activities and theoretical content
• Learning experiences reflect objectives of acquiring, applying, evaluating and appreciating physical activity as it is related to the theoretical content
• Decision making and role plays
• Developing awareness of current affairs in sport
• Homework including examination questions and research
• Self-study using school resources
• Actively engaged in enquiry into problems, issues and questions
• Group discussions
• Out of School visits, lectures and revision course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlington Upper School directly.