Extended Project Qualification at Cedars Upper School
This is a Level 3 Project qualification that is designed to allow students to study an area of interest in more depth than would normally be expected at A Level. Learners may choose to take the Extended Project Qualification as an extension from studies for other qualifications at Level 3, for example GCE, BTEC, NVQ, other academic or vocational qualifications including Modern Apprenticeships. Alternatively the Extended Project Qualification may explore an area of personal interest or activity outside the main programme of study.
Learners will be required to:
• choose an area of interest
• draft a project title
• draft aims of the project
• plan, research and carry out the project
• provide evidence of all stages of project production
• deliver a presentation to a specified audience.
The learner will:
• identify, design, plan and complete an individual project (or task within a
group project), applying organisational skills and strategies to meet
• obtain and select information from a range of sources, analyse data, apply
relevantly and demonstrate understanding of any appropriate linkages,
connections and complexities of the topic
• select and use a range of skills, including new technologies where
appropriate, to solve problems, to take decisions critically, creatively and
flexibly, and to achieve planned outcomes
• evaluate outcomes including own learning and performance and select and
use a range of communication skills and media to convey and present
evidenced outcomes and conclusions.
Ability to work independently.
Learners will provide the following for assessment:
A Production Log
A Written Report
The Project Artefact
They will also need to give a Presentation to a non-specialist audience
The EPQ is held in high regard by many Universities now who see it as a welcome addition to a students academic profile and is often a way of identifying appropriate students for their courses from the multitude of applicants with identical A Level results
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cedars Upper School directly.