Health and Social Care Level 2 at Rotherham College
Do you aspire to pursue a career within the education, health or care sector?
Whether you are looking for a career as a nursery assistant, nursery officer, early year’s practitioner, nurse, social worker, support worker, health care professional or work in the allied health professions then we have the programme of study for you. We offer nationally recognised qualifications which meet the needs of students, employers and the industry.
Our excellent work placement opportunities provide you with first-hand experience of working in the sector, allow you to apply theory to practice and gain an insight into the work roles available. Opportunities include organisations such as The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust, care and residential homes, day nurseries, pre-schools, infant schools, special schools, voluntary organisations and child-minders.
Our highly skilled and experienced tutors and links with employers will ensure you are supported to achieve your career goals, are work ready and well prepared to join the workforce or progress onto further study.
A very high percentage of our students progress into employment within the sector and also to Higher Education degrees including nursing, social work, early years teaching, allied health professions and foundation degrees.
Begin your career within the health and social care sector and develop the skills and knowledge you need to set yourself on a pathway towards becoming a nurse, midwife, support worker, social worker or health professional. During the Health and Social Care Level 2 course you will have the opportunity to go into placement in the sector, giving you experience and confidence to pursue your future career.
What will I study?
• You will develop an understanding of effective communication and professional practice
•You will gain insight into individual rights and needs within the health and social care sector
•You will study anatomy, physiology and human development
• As part of the course, you will carry out a work placement
What added value will I receive?
•You will have the opportunity to complete a first aid qualification
• Organise and carry out some fundraising activities for charities
• Guest speakers from various areas of the sectors provide valuable insights into the different services and organisations available in Rotherham
• Opportunity to continue to develop your maths and English skills
• One GCSE Grade A to C plus three GCSEs at grade D or above, preferably one in English
• Or a Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care and reference from the course tutor • You will be required to have a clear DBS check
• Positive references and interview with a tutor
• You will be assessed through a variety of methods including assignments, practical observations, professional discussions and presentations
• The work placement element forms part of the assessment and a minimum of 85% attendance is required for successful completion
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
You could find employment in a trainee role or through studying an Apprenticeship. You may wish to continue studying with us on one of our Level 3 Health and Social Care courses, with the required grades in English and maths.
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.