IT OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma at Harris Academy Purley
- 360 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – equivalent to one A level in terms of size.
- 2 x 90 and 3 x 60 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) units – two of which are mandatory externally examined units and a choice of three further units which are centre-assessed and moderated by OCR.
- Fundamentals of IT (Exam)
- Global Information (Exam)
- Cyber Security (Exam (Diploma Only))
- Computer Networks
- Project Developer
- System, Analysis and Design
- Mobile Technology
- Internet of Everything
- Smarter Planet
- Computer System (Hardware)
- Computer System (Software)
Students should have GCSE or BTEC/OCR Level 2 pass or a grade 4 or above, in ICT or Computing, to take up this qualification.
Exam Board: OCR
The three mandatory units are:
- The Fundamentals of IT
- Global Information
- Computer Networks
The first two mandatory units provide learners with an insight into the IT sector as you investigate the pace of technological change, IT infrastructure, and the flow of information on a global scale. These units are assessed with a written examination. The third mandatory unit is internally assessed and looks at the importance of being part of a network giving you the ability to share and transfer data over great distances.
Other units give students hands experience of constructing a computer and installing software, while others allow students to research the latest mobile phones, smart devices and smart technologies.
All units assist the development of transferrable skills such as communication and problem solving. The optional units encourage the development of time management, research and analytical skills as well as emphasising the need for good written and verbal communication skills.
Achievement of this qualification can support progression to go on and study relevant IT degrees in a Higher Education institution such as, Computing and IT, Computing Science, Software Developments, Software Engineering, ICT and Computer Networks or Business Information Systems.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Academy Purley directly.