Sport BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma at Hylands School
The Pearson BTEC National Extended Certificate in Sport is an Applied General qualification. For post 16 learns who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately possible employment in the sports section. The qualification is equivalent in size to one A level and it has been designed as a full two year programme when studied alongside a further Level 3 qualification.
Learners will study three mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well being
- Unit 3: n Professional Development in the Sports Industry
Learners will study one optional unit from the following units:
- Sports Leadership; Application of Fitness Testing; Sports Psychology; Practical Sports Performance
Learners should always check the entry requirements for degree programmes with specific higher education providers.
The styles of external assessment are:
- Examinations—written paper;
- Set tasks—learns take the assessment during a defined window and demonstrate understanding through completion of a vocational task.
The styles of internal assessment are:
- Write up the findings of their own research
- Use case studies to explore complex or unfamiliar situations
- Carry out projects for which they have choice over the direction and outcomes
- Demonstrate practical and technical skills
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements for many courses if taken alongside other qualifications as part of a two year programme of study. It combines well with a large number of subjects and supports entry to higher education courses in a very wide range of disciplines (depending on the subjects taken alongside). For learners who wish to study an aspect of sport in higher education, opportunities include: BA (Hons) in Sports Studies and Business, BSC (Hons) in Sport Psychology, BA (Hons) in Sports Education, BA (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hylands School directly.