Diploma in Construction (Painting and Decorating) Level 2* at Dearne Valley College (DVC)
Our Level 2 course in Painting and Decorating is the ideal starting point for those looking to start their own business or any career within the world of painting and decorating.
This course will give you an introduction to the construction industry and will support you in continuing to develop your practical painting and decorating skills and a thorough understanding of the underpinning knowledge, before moving on to further study or employment.
What will I study?
- Material selection and properties as well as developing your painting and decorating techniques
- Hanging wallpaper, painting and varnishing techniques
- Preparing surfaces as well as setting up and dismantling working platforms
- Storing and handling tools
- English and maths if required
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 1 qualification in relevant subject such as painting and decorating or construction
- GCSEs Grade A to D in English and maths
- Commitment to the course and a passion for working in construction
- Successful interview with a course tutor
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Assessed practical assignments
- Online tests
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees.
What can I progress to?
- Painting and Decorating Level 3
- Painter and Decorator
- Self-employed Painter and Decorator
Why study here?
- Train within our dedicated construction centre, with specialist, industry-standard workshops for plastering, painting and decorating, joinery and carpentry and bricklaying.
- Fully-experienced teaching team within extensive histories as employed and self-employed construction professionals within their trades.
- Access to our huge range of branded products, tools, equipment and technology to support your skills
- Gain additional, vital skills in maths and English, employability and more to ensure you are fully-prepared for the workplace
- Take part in regular work placements within employers within the local construction industry to boost your skills and opportunities
- Participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenges to build your portfolio
You will be required to be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.