Diploma in Business Level 3* at Dearne Valley College (DVC)
The Level 3 Diploma in Business is designed to offer you an extended knowledge of business and is suited to those who are pursuing a junior business employee or further study in Business.
Students are undertake this course often move into careers as Business Development executives, Marketing Executives or as entrepreneurs.
You can study this course over one or two years. In the first year, you will achieve a Foundation Diploma in Business, and in the second year, you will top this up to an Extended Diploma.
What will I study?
- Exploring business
- Developing a marketing campaign
- Personal and business finance
- Pitching for a new business
- Principles of management
- Managing an event
- Business decision making
- Visual merchandising
- Digital marketing
What are the entry requirements?
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English
- Level 2 in Business with units at both Merit and Distinction grades
- A positive reference
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Projects and presentation
- Exams and synoptic assessments
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees.
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01709 513355 for advice and guidance
Advanced Learner Loan is available for this course. Contact the Enquiries Team on 01909 504504 for more information.
What can I progress to?
- BA Honours in Business Enterprise degree at University Centre Rotherham or North Notts College
- Further study at another university
- Business Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Business Finance Officer
- Marketing Manager
- Business Entrepreneur
Why study here?
- Gain vital skills in team-working, communication, employability, enterprise and research skills
- Become involved in a variety of projects to develop and present your business ideas, both within college and for the local community
- Work experience placements within local businesses
- Visits to businesses and meetings with employers to learn more about how business works
- Guest speakers visits from those within business, to gain an insight into their roles and experiences
- Participation in competitions at local, regional and national levels
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.