Workskills BTEC Award at Sandwich Technology School
Why study this subject?
The BTEC Workskills suite of qualifications have been designed to offer learners a flexible programme of study to improve their understanding and application of employability skills. These qualifications have been developed to ensure that the knowledge, skills and understanding they provide are relevant, current and useful for learners and potential employers.
The aim of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment and ensure that they have the knowledge and skills to succeed in the workplace. It will allow learners the opportunity to develop and add to their skills.
The students will complete various units from a comprehensive list that includes units covering:
- Preparing for the Recruitment Process
- Preparing for Work Placement
- Managing Your Own Money
- Managing Transition into Work and Preparing for Work Placement
- Understanding Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Developing Resilience for Work
- Solving Work-related Problems
- Working in a Team
- Developing Personal Skills for Leadership
- How and Why Businesses Operate
- Qualities and Transferable Skills for Work
- Self-management Skills
All units are internally assessed and all units must be passed to achieve the qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sandwich Technology School directly.