Business A Level at Dame Alice Owen's School
Business is front-page news and the new course exposes students to a broad range of business scenarios from the outset, enabling you to engage with, explore and understand business behaviour and develop a critical understanding of what business is and does. The course integrates up to date topic areas such as digital technology, e-commerce and international business. Students will develop their analytical and evaluative skills crucial for success at University and the world of work. Most of the assessment material is based on real world scenarios and therefore students will be required to interpret complex case studies. Business is a very marketable A Level which acts as a great foundation for any business related degree.
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
The A Level course will really broaden the students understanding of the business world which is invaluable for students seeking a career in business.
6 in GCSE Business Studies.
Examination Board - AQA
The overall A2 assessment consists of three two hour written exams at the end of the course.
- Paper 1: Multiple-choice questions, short answer and two essays.
- Paper 2: Three compulsory data response questions.
- Paper 3: One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dame Alice Owen's School directly.