Music BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at Exmouth Community College
What do Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran and Rihanna have in common? They all studied Music before they started their Music careers!
This course allows you to study different genres of Music, as well as performing, recording and producing your own material.
- Deepen your understanding of Contemporary Music and expand your awareness of the theoretical, cultural and performance aspects of Music
- Study contemporary Pop Music and the ‘Classics’, MIDI sequencing and the Digital Audio Workstation
- Have the opportunity to perform at various live Music events and Concerts
- Critically analyse Pop Music
- Develop your own Songs and Performance Skills
- Use industry standard equipment, including iMac G4’s with Logic Pro 9 in the recording studio
The normal College requirement to get a place on these courses is five GCSEs at 4 or above INCLUDING Maths and English equivalent, or 280 points.
GCSE Music, or invitation to audition.
Assessment is mainly by coursework.
You could progress on to university level study, Music College/ Conservatoire, Foundation Degree or employment in the Music industry.
“Music teaches you how to think for yourself and BTEC gives you a taste of nearly all the jobs in the industry”
“Through Music I have improved my ability as a performer and my confidence in life”
“The practical orientated lessons make the experience more enjoyable”
“The teachers are amazing and very encouraging. There are many opportunities all year round”
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Exmouth Community College directly.