BTEC Health & Social Care at Swinton Academy
Cambridge Technical Health & Social Care offers a broad and varied course, providing a foundation for any student wishing to work in the caring professions. It combines knowledge of effective care and communication, understanding health conditions, patient care, pathways, educating children and young people and much more. The qualification is coursework based, with examinations in Year 12 and Year 13, allowing students to be assessed in a variety of ways to ensure they reach their desired grade.
The units that are listed below are to be covered over two years for the double award. Six units will be studied for the single award over two years.
- Unit 1 Building positive relationships
- Unit 2 Equality, diversity and rights
- Unit 3 Health, safety and security
- Unit 4 Anatomy and physiology
- Unit 5 Infection control
- Unit 6 Personalisation and person centred approach
- Unit 9 Supporting people with learning difficulties
- Unit 10 Nutrition
- Unit 11 Career planning
- Unit 13 Sexual health, reproduction and early development stages
- Unit 14 The impact of long-term physiological conditions
- Unit 15 Promoting health and well-being
5 GCSEs at grade C/5 or above, including Mathematics, English Language and Science.
Assignments—You will complete a series of tasks set in a work-related scenario and produce a portfolio of evidence.
Tasks - In controlled conditions, you will complete a practical task tackling an everyday challenge
Written Exam - You will draw on essential information to create written answers to practical questions in test conditions
Past students have gone on to study degree courses in:
- Health Management
- Child, Adult and Mental Health Nursing
- Midwifery, Health Studies
- Teacher Training
- Special Needs Training
They have also accessed successful careers in:
- Health Sector
- Social Work
- Probation Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Early years such as nursery nursing or primary support workers and classroom assistants.
For further information visit http://www.swintonacademy.org/
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.