Music Technology A Level at Dame Alice Owen's School
The Edexcel Music Technology course is challenging and exciting; designed to give students a ‘hands-on’ insight into working in the music technology industry. Over the two years pupils will develop practical skills in recording, mixing and sequencing, as well as creating their own compositions and arrangements using technology. In addition, the course requires students to listen analytically to a range of 20th and 21st century styles and genres, understanding the vital role technology plays within the music industry. Therefore, it is a prerequisite that students should have an interest in, and willingness to learn about, many contrasting styles of music as well as wanting to create music using technology.
None. Students without Music GCSE would be considered on an individual basis.
Examination Board - Edexcel
Non-examined assessment (NEA) 40%
- Component 1: Multi-track recording*
- Component 2: Technology-based composition
- Component 3: Listening and Analysing
- Component 4: Producing and Analysing
* At DAOS we support students in their component 1 tasks by using the services of professional musicians in order to complete the multi-track recording. This has resulted in students not only getting an excellent platform for mixing and editing, but the end result is something that students are proud of and want to keep. As a consequence, we would ask that students make a contribution of £80 towards covering the costs of hiring the musicians and student supervision in the studio
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dame Alice Owen's School directly.