Catering and Hospitality Entry 3* at Dearne Valley College (DVC)
Our Entry Level Catering and Hospitality course is designed to provide you with the basic knowledge of the industry, whilst exploring and developing your culinary and hospitality interests in preparation for further study.
You will be encouraged to practise basic catering and food safety skills, combining both practical and theory units.
What will I study?
- Career progression
- Working in a team
- Introduction to the hospitality industry
- Basic cooking
- Basic food preparation
- Food service
- Preparing and serving drinks
What are the entry requirements?
- A passion for the Catering and Hospitality industry
- A successful interview
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Written assignments
- Practical projects
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees.
What can I progress to?
Food and Beverage Service Level 1
Why study here?
- Huge range of Catering and Hospitality courses to offer you progression from entry level up to Level 3 and beyond
- Train within our industry-standard and state-of-the-art training kitchen, equipped with a huge range of food products and tools
- Teaching from lecturers who are extensively experienced and qualified within the industry, including former Chefs, Front of House Managers and beyond
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.