Physical Education A Level at Cowes Enterprise College
- Applied anatomy and physiology, exercise physiology, biomechanics and sports technology
- Skill acquisition, sports psychology
- Sport and society, contemporary issues in physical activity and sport
- Performance or coaching, evaluation of performance
- Normally, 5 strong GCSE grades.
- It is not essential to have studied GCSE PE or Sports Studies, although it can be of help.
- An interest in the sciences can also benefit the learner.
- Capacity to work in a team, analyse
One two-hour examination paper, two one-hour papers and a practical assessment with verbal analysis.
Physical education A level is suitable for students who have shown commitment and interest throughout their physical education lessons, they should have an interest in sport and may specialise in a specific activity, although this is not essential. The courses are suitable for those who wish to move into a career where there is a need to understand human behaviour and the human body.
They are also suitable for those wanting to move onto further education/careers in the following areas:
- Social Sciences
- General Education
- Sport and Physical Activity
- PE teaching
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Coaching etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cowes Enterprise College directly.