Sports Studies BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Cowes Enterprise College
This programme offers an unrivalled level of flexibility to suit students with a wide range of prior attainment who are interested in work or further study related to sport and recreation.
Extended Diploma – 3 A-level equivalent – 13 units
The units of study represent between 60 and 120 guided learning hours. Each programme includes some compulsory units and some optional.
Compulsory units include:
- anatomy and physiology
- fitness training and programming for health
- sport and wellbeing
- sports psychology and more
Students have the opportunity across the different units to learn and work in different ways, with a good mix of practical assignments and assessments.
- Broad level 2 qualification, 4 strong GCSE grades.
- An interest in sport and physical recreation.
- A desire to work within the field of sport or physical recreation as a trainer, coach or participant.
Each unit has its own assessment, and these take a variety of forms, which again helps many students who find examinations a challenge.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cowes Enterprise College directly.