Biology AS Level at Wheatley Park School
A Level Biology is a challenging introduction to the huge range and breadth of living things. You will start with the building blocks and build an understanding of how lots of very small components interact to create cells, organisms and whole ecosystems.
Career opportunities: Medicine, Marine Biology and Physiotherapy.
1. Biological molecules
3. Organisms exchange substances with their environment
4. Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
5. Energy transfers in and between organisms (A Level only)
6. Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments (A Level only)
7. Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems (A Level only)
8. The control of gene expression (A Level only)
The basic entry requirement for Level 3 courses in Wheatley Park Sixth Form is to complete 8 GCSEs or equivalent, including a minimum of grade 4 in five subjects which must include English and Mathematics.
Two written exams, each worth 75 marks (1.5 h), on any content from topics 1-4, including relevant practical skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wheatley Park School directly.