Mathematics A Level at Wheatley Park School
A Level Mathematics is a very popular course at Wheatley Park, chosen by many students because it:
- develops reasoning and problem-solving skills
- explores new and fascinating areas of mathematics
- is excellent preparation for future careers in business, science and industry
- is a UCAS facilitating subject, which means that it’s an essential requirement for most scientific, engineering and financial degrees at university
- complements many other subjects, especially the sciences
Our results at Wheatley Park are consistently in the top 10% nationally, and we achieve this through:
- having a team of experienced, specialist teachers
- varied and engaging lessons
- high expectations of students
- after-school sessions every week, plus extra exam revision days
- frequent topic assessments with detailed feedback
Mathematics is a demanding and intellectually stimulating subject, which is why it it so highly valued by universities and employers. Students should be prepared to work very hard both in class and during independent study time.
The programme of study comprises three areas:
- Pure mathematics. Trigonometry, circle and line geometry, exponential growth and decay, differentiation, integration, 2D vectors, proof, sequences and series
- Statistics. Standard deviation, regression lines, Binomial and Normal distributions, hypothesis testing, conditional probability
- Mechanics. Kinematics, moments, projectile motion, dynamics and friction, moments, Newton’s laws
The basic entry requirement for Level 3 courses in Wheatley Park Sixth Form is to complete 8 GCSEs or equivalent, including a minimum of grade 4 in five subjects which must include English and Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wheatley Park School directly.