Religous Studies A Level at Wheatley Park School
This exciting new linear course was launched in September 2016 and covers a diverse range of subject areas, externally assessed by three examination papers.
2. Philosophy of Religion
3. Religion and Ethics
What will I study?
- Within your chosen religion an in depth study of religious identity through values, beliefs, concepts and the meaning and purpose of life eg Is God male? Can God suffer?
- Does God exist? Study of Aquinas, Paley, Anselm, David Hume and, for example, Does the Big Bang Theory and Evolution disprove God? The Problem of Evil and Religious Experiences.
- Ethical language, ethical theory and global ethical issues.
RS is historically taught in small and friendly groups (ask any of our past students) and Bishop Shergold and Mrs Wakefield will give you lots of support and guidance to get the top grades.
This new course develops many skills and has a very broad content so it can compliment many subjects such as Psychology, Sociology, English, History and Philosophy. Religious Studies A Level is highly regarded academically by the Universities and many of our past students have chosen to study Philosophy/Religion at University.
If you want a career involving people then this course really does help you understand the diversity of beliefs in the world and how to relate to people in a multicultural society.
The basic entry requirement for Level 3 courses in Wheatley Park Sixth Form is to complete 8 GCSEs or equivalent, including a minimum of grade 4 in five subjects which must include English and Mathematics.
What skills will I gain?
- Develop interest, knowledge and understanding through a rigorous study of religion and belief and relate it to the wider world.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of religious thought and its contribution to individuals, communities and societies.
- Adopt an enquiring, critical and reflective approach to the study of religion.
- Reflect on and develop your own values, opinions and attitudes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wheatley Park School directly.