Sport BTEC Level 3 at John Madejski Academy
This provides students with a wide range of practical and theoretical opportunities to explore their interests in sport and exercise in ways that are personally relevant. Students studying BTEC Sport will develop their practical and intellectual skills through completing units in coaching, leadership, anatomy and physiology, psychology, work experience and fitness testing. The course exists of both internal and external assessments from Edexcel. The course equips students with the tools to progress onto university courses and careers in coaching, teaching and other sporting fields.
Students progressing onto this course will require:
• A level 2 or GCSE qualification in sport
• The ability to lead sports sessions to both their peers and key stage three groups
• Independent learning and revision skills to be successful in the exam units.
• The ability to work as part of a team
• The ability to meet coursework deadlines
This qualification could prepare you for careers and further educational qualifications in:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Madejski Academy directly.