Skills for Independent Living in the Home Entry Level 2 and 3* at Dearne Valley College (DVC)
The Independent Living course will develop the skills you need to live as independently as possible. During the course, you will learn how to make hot and cold drinks, how to make simple meals that are good for you, how to keep yourself safe, how to how
to catch the bus and train, how to stand up for yourself and make choices about your life, personal care, communication and build your confidence.
Through the Next Steps Passport, you will widen your skills and have the chance to take part in extra activities to prepare you for the world of work.
What will I study?
- Household skills including shopping and cooking
- Personal care and speaking up for yourself
- Personal development and leisure activities
- How to use public transport
- Speaking and listening
- While studying with us we will work with you to ensure that your maths, English and ICT skills are the best that they can be
What are the entry requirements?
You must be able to work in a small group with support.
How will I be assessed?
Unit booklets, tutor observation and practical tasks.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01709 513355 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- You could progress on to the Skills for Independent Living in the Community Certificate at Entry 1 or Entry Level 2
- You could progress on to the Using Employability Skills Certificate at Entry Level 1 or Entry Level 2
Why study here?
- You will have access to vocational area resources
- You can enjoy the refectory facilities, including a snooker table.
- We work with other agencies to develop work experience opportunities
- Supported Internship
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.