Health & Social Care OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate at Philip Morant School and College
The course allows students to develop skills as well as technical knowledge that will provide them with an invaluable and thoughtful perspective on contemporary issues in health and social care.
Students will gain knowledge, understanding and skills required for independent learning and development:
- A range of generic transferable skills
- An ability to solve problems
- The skills to do project-based research, development and presentation
- The ability to apply learning in related health and social care and early years settings
- The ability to work alongside other professionals in a professional environment
Students are required to complete four mandatory units which are assessed via examination. The other three units are assessed via portfolio.
- Building Positive Relationships
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Health and Safety and Security
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Public Health
- The Impact of long-term
- Physiological Conditions
It is desirable that students have at least a grade 5 in English and a grade C (or grade 5) in Double Science. If a student has studied GCSE or equivalent Health and Social Care they need to have achieved a grade B or grade 6.
Examination and Portfolio.
The course equips students with skills needed for higher education courses such as: health and social care; social policy; social work; nursing; physiotherapy; occupational therapy; working with children, young people and families; psychology; sociology.
The course also enables students to enter the world of work in a variety of careers such as:
- social work
- police officer
- probation officer
- health visitor
- mental health worker
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Philip Morant School and College directly.