Advanced Apprenticeship in Accountancy at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This Level 3 Apprenticeship is ideal for those who wish to train as an Assistant Accountant within the workplace, a role which assists financial activities such as data entry, month end management accounts and end of year financial statements.
You will attend College one day a week to study the Advanced Diploma in Accounting which will teach you the technical knowledge to support you in your workplace training.
What will I study?
- Advanced bookkeeping
- Final accounts preparation
- Management accounting
- Indirect tax
- Spreadsheets for accounting
- Ethics for accountants
What are the entry requirements?
GCSE English and maths at Grade 4 or C or above.
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- You will be assessed using computer based assessments at the end of each module
- A synoptic assessment towards the end of the course
- You will also produce a portfolio of work-based evidence
- Carry out a professional discussion with an External Examiner
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Professional Accounting Apprenticeship
- Assistant Accountant
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Assistant
- Purchase ledger Clerk
Why study here?
- We have excellent results in accounting
- Our teaching staff are all qualified and experienced professional Accountants who have worked in both local businesses and government organisations
- You will be visited in the workplace and will be supported to produce a portfolio of evidence of your practice
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.