Childcare and Education Level 3 at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
As part of this course you will improve your employability skills by taking part in work experience.
You will complete 400 hours of placement experience across the age ranges of 0-7 years.
This course is designed to extend your knowledge of childcare and prepare you for a career in the care and education of children in a variety of settings.
What will I study?
- Theoretical aspects of childcare and education
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of children’s care, learning and development
- Enhance your professional development
- Develop children’s literacy and numeracy skills
- Understand how children learn through play
What are the entry requirements?
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above. You must have maths and English
- A Level 2 CACHE Diploma in Childcare with maths and English at grade C
- A clear DBS check is required
- Provide two positive references
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Assignments in the workplace
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Foundation Degree in Childhood Studies
- Childcare/Early Years Practitioner
- Teaching Assistant (Foundation unit)
- Nursery Assistant
For your placement you will be required to wear:
- Polo neck t-shirt
- Black trousers
Why study here?
- Be involved in competitions
- Links with Early Years settings including nurseries, primary schools, day care, children’s centres, childminders and special schools
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.