Electrical Installation Level 1 at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This course is designed to provide you with a basic knowledge and understanding of the electrical industry.
What will I study?
- Health and Safety
- Basic lighting circuits
- Basic power circuits
- Using different electrical materials
- Using a range of electrical cables
- If you have not achieved at Level 2 in both English and maths you will also study Functional skills or GCSE qualifications in English and maths within your course
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no formal entry requirements though you need to have a genuine interest in the area and a practical aptitude for the subject
- You will need to undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
- A practical aptitude for the subject
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Regular assessment by a range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Electrical Installation Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Skills Centre in Shireoaks
- You will be taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming an electrician
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
- You will be provided with work placements wherever possible
- You will carry out appropriate work experience
- Personally meet key employers in the trade and undertake visits to a range of companies to boost your learning on your course
- Carry out meaningful voluntary work that will help your CV within the local area
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.