Skills for Further Learning and Employment at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This course is an introduction to the skills you will need to develop the skills and expertise to prepare you for the world of work.
You will develop the practical and theoretical skills you need to succeed in the industry.
It is learner focussed and recognises that individuals are unique, learn at different paces and require different levels of support.
What will I study?
- Maths, English and ICT
- You will be able to select a vocational option for example: Childcare, Construction, Hair and Beauty, Hospitality, Motor Vehicle or Sport
- Through the Next Steps Passport you will widen your skills and have the chance to take part in extra activities to prepare you for the world of work
What are the entry requirements?
- English and maths
- Communication and social skills
- Motivation and work awareness
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments and a portfolio of evidence
- Functional Skills exams
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- L1/2 programmes with a focus on your chosen vocational area
Why study here?
- You will work in a realistic working environment
- You will gain hands-on experience from being involved in a variety of enterprise activities
- You will have access to college facilities independently such as sport activities, gym and library
- Take part in enrichment activities
- You will take part in work experience opportunities outside the college environment
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing which may include work trousers and safety shoes or boots where required.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.