Beauty Therapy Level 3 at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
General or massage routes are available. This is a course for those already qualified to Level 2 in Beauty Therapy who want to work in all types of beauty salons including health spas and cruise ships.
What will I study?
- Specialised facials, including advanced electrical treatments
- Specialised body treatments, including advanced electrical treatments
- Body massage
- Aromatherapy massage with pre-blended oils
- Technician and supervisor roles
- Promoting retail sales and treatments
- A higher level of anatomy and physiology/ cosmetic science
- Health and safety
- Planning promotional activities
- English and maths (where applicable)
What are the entry requirements?
- GCSE grade D or above in English or equivalent
- Level 2 in Beauty Therapy or equivalent
- You will also need excellent communication skills and commitment to the programme
- Commercial work experience
- Attend an interview and practical workshop with a course tutor
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments
- Theoretical assessments
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- You could progress on to Higher Education at North Notts College within the beauty therapy area with the Degree in Hair and Beauty Management
- Or progress on to university on a course within the beauty or specialist holistic therapy
- Beauty Therapist
- Salon Manager
- Spa Therapist
Why study with us?
- The opportunity to attend masterclasses and workshops will also be available in subjects such as: Indian head massage, hot stone massage, Reiki, tanning, threading, ear piercing and many more
- You will also be required to take a work placement within a beauty salon or health spa and attend trips such as the Beauty Therapy Trade Show in Birmingham
- Work experience
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.