Sport Level 2 at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
Our Level 2 course in Sport provides industry skills and specialist knowledge of sport, nutrition, anatomy and physiology to support into employment or further study in the industry.
You will also have the opportunity to study additional qualifications such as coaching, fitness instructing, emergency first aid and specialist awards such as Duke of Edinburgh, offering you extra skills and opportunities alongside your main study programme.
What will I study?
- Plan and instruct a gym based exercise
- Plan and instruct a kettlebell exercise session
- Plan and assist studio cycling activity
- Activity leadership
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Team work in active leisure
- Developing self in an active leisure job role
What are the entry requirements?
- GCSEs at Grade 4 or above
- A successful interview with a course tutor
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees
Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01909 504500 for advice and guidance
What can I progress to?
- Diploma in Sport Level 3
- A sport or fitness-related Apprenticeship
- Leisure centre assistant
- Sports Centre Officer
- Fitness Instructor
- Sports Maker
- Youth Worker
Why study here?
- You will be able to take part in off-site visits focusing on communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- You can participate in outdoor adventurous activities and college challenges including cycling, hill walking and orienteering
- You will be encouraged to take part in competitions
- You will also study qualifications in English and maths as part of your course (if applicable)
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.