Intermediate Apprenticeship in Food and Drink Services at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
If you are good with people and would like to work front of house in a restaurant, café or bistro then this Apprenticeship could be for you. This Apprenticeship is all about providing efficient and effective customer service.
What will I study?
- How to maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- How to work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Dealing with bookings and customers
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no set entry requirements, however, you will be required to undertake initial diagnostic tests before being accepted on to the course
- If you don’t have GCSE grade C or above in English and maths you will study for the equivalent qualifications as part of the Apprenticeship
This could be in the form of observation, photographs, witness testimonies, voice recordings, and other methods suited to your learning style.
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Food and Beverage Services
- Higher Education course in catering and hospitality
- Kitchen Porter
- Restaurant Manager
- Trainee Chef
Why study here?
- You will attend College one day a week
- Your tutors are experienced and well qualified in this field and have all worked in industry
- You will also study English and maths as part of your course
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the catering and hospitality industry and earn a salay while you learn
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.