Intermediate Apprenticeship in Food Production and Cooking at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Apprenticeship is suitable for those who would like to pursue a career in the catering and hospitality industry. You will attend College one day per week.
What will I study?
- How to maintain food safety
- How to work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Learn a variety of cooking techniques for producing fish, meat, vegetable, pasta and pastry based dishes
- Operate and clean specialist food preparation and cooking equipment
There are no set entry requirements but you will need to show you have the ability to achieve the programme. You will need to be organised and have excellent communication skills.
This could be in the form of observation, photographs, witness testimonies, voice recordings, and other methods suited to your learning style.
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What added value will I receive?
- You will work alongside senior chefs gaining on the job training, experience and skills
- You will also study English and maths as part of your course
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the catering industry and earn a salary while you learn
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.