Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
On this Apprenticeship you will learn advanced food preparation and cooking skills. It is ideal for those looking to become a head chef as you will study complex dishes as well as gain experience working in a busy restaurant.
What will I study?
- Receiving and storing resources
- Health, hygiene and security of the working environment including food safety practices
- How to prepare, cook and finish complex dishes
- Basic butchery and preparation of a range of meat, poultry and game
What are the entry requirements?
- NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent
- Suitable industrial placement to be able to cover the range required
- You must have a good standard of spoken and written English
- You must be able to multi-task
- You must be committed, have a good work ethic and be prepared to be flexible
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Written assignments
- Practical projects
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- HE qualification in cookery
- Continue studies at university in professional cookery
- Kitchen Assistant
- Trainee Chef
- Front of House Staff
Why study here?
- Huge range of Catering and Hospitality courses to offer you progression from entry level up to Level 3 and beyond
- Train within our industry-standard and state-of-the-art training kitchen, equipped with a huge range of food products and tools
- Teaching from lecturers who are extensively experienced and qualified within the industry, including former Chefs, Front of House Managers and beyond
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.