Intermediate Apprenticeship for IT Users at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Apprenticeship is ideal for people employed in a paid position where a large part of the job involves using computers from an end user perspective. You are likely to be in an office environment where the main job role is to use IT applications in support of colleagues or customers in any sector or industry.
You can study the whole Apprenticeship whilst working, so there is no need to come into College. Regular visits will be made from a qualified assessor who will monitor your progress and set targets. The Apprenticeship is made up of two components which include a technical qualification and a knowledge based qualification.
What will I study?
- Using the internet and email
- Using Microsoft Office packages
- Mobile IT devices
- Video and audio editing
- Understanding the potential of IT
- Working in a team
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no set entry requirements, however, you will be required to undertake initial diagnostic tests in English, maths and ICT before being accepted onto the course
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Assessments in your workplace
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Further study in an IT related subject
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities and be taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming a creative practitioner
- You will have access to our private computing lab and gaming teaching room
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the computing industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will also be required to study English and maths as part of your course if required
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.