Intermediate Apprenticeship for IT, Software and Telecoms at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Apprenticeship is ideal for people employed in a paid position where a large part of the job involves using computers from an end user perspective.
You will be required to attend College one day a week, whilst the rest of the course is undertaken on the job in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship is made up of two components which include a technical qualification and a knowledge based qualification.
What will I study?
- ICT hardware and equipment
- ICT systems development
- Software programming
- Customer care
- Technical advice and guidance
- Using database/spreadsheet/video/web software
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no set entry requirements, however, you will be required to undertake initial diagnostic tests in English, maths and ICT before being accepted onto the course
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Regular assessments in the work place on tasks which are relevant to your particular job
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Further study in an IT related subject
Why study here?
- On this course you will work with industry-standard facilities and be taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming a IT practitioner
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the computing industry and earn a salary while you learn
- You will develop other skills such as employability and team working
- You will also be required to study English and maths as part of your course if required
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.