Intermediate Apprenticeship in Bricklaying at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
The Intermediate Apprenticeship programmes give you the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working within the industry.
You will be required to attend College one day a week, whilst the rest of the course is undertaken on the job in your workplace.
The Apprenticeship is made up of two components which include a technical qualification and a knowledge based qualification.
This Apprenticeship will give you the skills needed to work within the construction industry whilst getting paid and carrying out practical work in the field. You will work in a construction environment where your duties will involve many areas of brickwork.
What will I study?
You will gain an understanding of the trowel occupation including
- Construction of walls and arches
- Concrete Mixing
- Masonry tool skills
- Set out and erecting masonry structures
What are the entry requirements?
- You would normally be expected to have completed a Level 1 qualification in brick.
- Other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course.
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- A range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- On-site portfolio to demonstrate practical performance in the working environment
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Brick Level 3
- Construction Worker
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre on our main site
- You will be taught by industry professionals
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenge
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the construction industry and earn a salary while you learn
You will require to be equipped with PPE clothing including work trousers and safety shoes or boots
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.