Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
The Advanced Apprenticeship programmes give you the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working within the industry.
You will be required to attend College one day a week, whilst the rest of the course is undertaken on the job in your workplace. The Apprenticeship is made up of two components which include a technical qualification and a knowledge based qualification.
Why study here?
- You will work in industry-standard facilities at our Construction Centre on our main site
- You will be taught by industry professionals
- You will develop other skills such as employability and teamwork
- You’ll participate in industry competitions such as Skill Build, World Skills and Inter-college challenge
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the construction industry and earn a salary while you learn
What are the entry requirements?
- Level 2 qualification in Electrical Installation, however other relevant experience and qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You will also undertake initial diagnostic tests and interview before starting the course
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- A range of tutor assessed practical assignments
- Online knowledge tests
- On-site portfolio to demonstrate practical performance in the working environment
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Electrical Installation Level 3
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.