Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering: Mechanical, Fabrication and Welding at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Advanced Apprenticeship will be covered over a two year period. It provides the level of competence and knowledge needed to perform tasks to advanced industry standards.
What will I study?
- Training consists of both practical and theory assessment
- NVQ Level 3 work-based (electrical, mechanical or fabrication and welding)
- Diploma in Engineering Level 3 (electrical, mechanical or fabrication and welding)
- Functional Skills: English, maths and ICT
- ERR (employment rights and responsibilities)
- PLTS (personal learning and thinking skills)
What are the entry requirements?
- Successful completion of Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering
- GCSE English and maths at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- You and your employer must be able to demonstrate a strong willingness and commitment to their programme of study
How will I be assessed?
- On site assessments
- Practical assessments
- Written Assignments
- Online exams
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Level 4 HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering at Rotherham Town Centre Campus
- Level 4 HNC in Mechanical Engineering at Rotherham Town Centre Campus
- Level 4 HNC in General Engineering at North Notts College
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
Why study here?
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the engineering industry and earn a salary while you learn
- We have a proven track record with Apprenticeships and the staff are experts within their field of work
- The Engineering department has strong links in industry with companies such as AMEY PLC, C.W Fletchers, Mayflower Engineering LTD, Fortem and Eatons.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.