Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair at North Notts College (NNC)
About this Course
This Advanced Apprenticeship will be covered over a two year period. It will provide the level of competence and knowledge to perform tasks to advanced industry standards.
What will I study?
- Training consists of 80% on the job and 20% College based
- Braking systems
- Electrical systems
- Fault diagnosis and repair
- Functional Skills: English, maths, ICT
- Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
What are the entry requirements?
- Successful completion of Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering or Motor Vehicle
- GCSE English and maths, grades A to C (or equivalent)
- You and your employer must be able to demonstrate a strong willingness and commitment to their programme of study
How will I be assessed?
- On site assessments
- Practical assessments
- Written Assignments
- Online exams
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Construction Plant Mechanic
- Motor Vehicle Fitter
- Motor Vehicle Breakdown Engineer
- Motorsport Engineer
Why study here?
- The staff are experts within their field of work
- You will work with industry grade equipment in state-of-the-art in College workshops
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the motor vehicle industry and earn a salary while you learn
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.