Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Apprenticeship is for people who are employed in a salon full-time who will then attend College one day a week. Because the qualification is work-based, you will develop your skills within a commercial setting.
What will I study?
- Client consultation
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Styling hair
- Basic cutting techniques
- Perming and neutralising (optional)
- Basic hair colouring techniques
- Health and safety
- Promoting products and services
- English and maths (where applicable)
What are the entry requirements?
- GCSE grade D or above in English or equivalent
- Hairdressing Level 1 or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to the course
- Attend an interview and practical workshop with the course tutor
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Practical assessments
- Online paper assessments
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
- Freelance Stylist
- Colour Technician
- Trainee Salon Manager
- Sales Representative for a hair product company
Why study with us?
- You will have the opportunity to attend masterclasses. Workshops will also be available in subjects such as ear piercing, barbering, nail art and many others
- You will also be encouraged to take part in educational visits and competitions
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.