Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Apprenticeship is suitable for those who are already working within the healthcare industry. As part of this Apprenticeship you will work towards a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care (Adults).
What will I study?
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Dementia awareness
- Understand the administration of medicine to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach
What are the entry requirements?
- Four GCSEs grade A to C, preferably including English and maths or equivalent
- You will be required to complete an interview and have a clear DBS check
- You must be in paid employment within a supervisory role with a minimum of twelve months experience
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Work based assessments
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Employment within the sector
Why study here?
- You will be working alongside experienced staff
- You will study a qualification in English and maths if required
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the health and social care industry and earn a salary while you learn
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.