Physical Education A Level at Caistor Grammar School
The course will be delivered over 4 hours a week with a breakdown of 70% Theory and 30% practical. Students will be assessed in one activity ONLY as a performer or a coach.
Qualification for entry is a minimum of a 6 in GCSE PE. If the student has not studied GCSE PE a grade 6 in GCSE Biology is required. An interest in all aspects of Physical Education is crucial.
30% Coursework: The breakdown of the 30% will be as follows:
- 15% from one practical area as a performer or a coach, ONLY.
- 15% from a written piece based around identifying their strengths, weaknesses and corrective measures.
- 70% Exam: The students will sit two exams. Both exams will be 2 hours.
Content of the exams will be drawn from THREE key areas.
- Anatomy and Physiology and Mechanics.
- Psychology within Sport.
- Socio-Historical influences on Sport. The course that we are currently endorsing is AQA specific. However, potentially some of the content or activities may differ slightly to those stated above
The course that we are currently endorsing is AQA specific. However, potentially some of the content or activities may differ slightly to those stated above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Caistor Grammar School directly.