Intermediate Apprenticeship in Clinical Healthcare at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This one year Apprenticeship is suitable for those who are either new or already working within the healthcare industry. As part of this Apprenticeship you will work towards a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Social Care (Adults).
Your role will be mainly supporting the individuals and residents within your place of work, by providing excellent and effective care.
What will I study?
- Communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Understand mental and well-being
- Dementia awareness
- Equality and diversity
- Understand the administration of medicine
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
What are the entry requirements?
- There are no set entry requirements, however, you will be required to undertake initial diagnostic tests before being accepted onto the course
- If you don’t have GCSE grade C or above in English and maths you will study for equivalent qualifications as part of the Apprenticeship
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Work based assessments
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- You can progress on to the Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- Family Support Worker
- Healthy and Safety Advisor
- Child Support Worker
Why study here?
- You will be working alongside experienced staff
- You will study a qualification in English and maths (if required)
- You will work with employers to gain hands-on experience in the health and social care industry and earn a salary while you learn
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.