Advanced Apprenticeship in Clinical Healthcare at North Nottinghamshire College
About this Course
This Apprenticeship is designed for people currently working within a clinical support role within the NHS or other clinical settings. It will build on your current knowledge and skills and provide you with a starting point for further development.
What will I study?
- English and maths Functional Skills at either Level 1 or 2
- Introduction to personal development
- Communication in health
- Duty of care in health
- Equality and inclusion in health
- Health and safety
- Infection prevention and control
- Causes and spread of infection
- Implementation of person centred approaches in health
- Safeguarding and protection in health
- Handling information
- Mental health
- Dementia awareness
What are the entry requirements?
Level 2 or GCSE grade D or above.
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Work based assessments
You will be paid a minimum of the nationally-set Apprenticeship wage. Visit www.apprenticships.org.uk for details.
North Notts College also has a number of funds which are there to help support you if you find yourself in financial difficulties that are affecting your attendance at college or your studies.
What can I progress to?
- There are excellent progression routes for healthcare support workers undertaking these qualifications. You could progress on to Access to Nursing, university and nursing
- Employment within the sector
Why study here?
- Opportunities to progress onto Access to Nursing and Nursing
- Established links to local universities
- Delivered by experienced, qualified professionals
- Excellent support and guidance
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.