Sport Studies BTEC Level 3 at Monkseaton High School
This qualification is a two year full time course. Students who choose the course have a keen interest and a genuine enthusiasm for sport and all that it encompasses.
The course also has a practical element so students will be required to actively participate in many sports and adopt various roles within them. It is also beneficial to have some knowledge of current sporting issues.
- Independent study skills to consolidate learning
- Practical skills
- Data Handling
- Analysis, Interpretation and Evaluation
- Coaching and Leadership
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Ability to work as a part of a team
Students will study a range of units throughout the courses which will include a variety of topics from Anatomy and Physiology to Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being.
Some of the other units covered are listed below:
- Sports Leadership
- Sports Psychology
- Coaching for Performance
- Practical Sports Performance
- Research Methods in Sport
- Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
- Work Experience in Active Leisure
Students must have 5 A*- C/9-5 grades at GCSE including English and have a practical commitment to sport.
- Coursework 72%
- Exam / Controlled assessment 28%
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Monkseaton High School directly.