Extended Project Qualification (1yr) at Huddersfield New College
This qualification helps students develop and demonstrate their project management skills and provides opportunities for extended writing, both of which are highly valued for progression to higher education and employment.
Students can tailor their project to fit their individual needs, choices and aspirations with the agreement of their centre.
The outcome of the project can be a design, performance, report, dissertation or artefact.
The subject content of the Extended Project is not prescribed as it focuses on developing skills.
These skills are summarised in the four learning outcomes:
· Managing a project
· Using resources
· Developing and realising a project
· Reviewing the project.
Examples of acceptable titles for Extended Projects can be found on awarding body websites.
This is a 4th subject option only for students who meet the general entry criteria for a 4th Level 3 qualification
The Extended Project at Level 3 provides learners with the opportunity to:
· understand and use research skills
· have a significant input to the choice and design of an Extended Project and take responsibility either for an individual task or for a defined task within a group project
· develop and improve their own learning and performance as critical, reflective and independent learners
· develop and apply decision-making and, where appropriate, problem solving skills
· extend their planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
· where appropriate, develop as e-confident learners and apply new technologies in their studies
· develop and apply skills creatively, demonstrating initiative and enterprise
· use their learning experiences to support their personal aspirations for further study and career development
· transfer skills developed as part of the extended project to other areas of study
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Huddersfield New College directly.